Bevill State Community College
Employees Students Library BearMail Canvas myBSCC A-Z Index

State of Alabama Veteran Programs

  • Alabama GI Dependent Scholarship Program
  • Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP)

Alabama GI Dependent Scholarship Program

The Alabama Department of Veterans Affairs offers financial assistance to eligible dependent's child, stepchild, spouse, or unmarried widow(er) of disabled veterans (living or deceased), who were permanent civilian residents of Alabama prior to entry into military service. The veteran must be rated 20% or more due to a service connected disabilities or have held the qualifying rating at the time of death. Special consideration is given to dependents of permanently and totally disabled veterans who are bona fide residents or were prior to their death.

Other benefits may be available to eligible dependents of the following: former prisoners of war (POW), those declared missing in action (MIA), and those who died in service.

Dependent children must file an application prior to age 26 (may be extended to age 30 in certain cases).A spouse or widow(er) does not have a filing deadline or age limitation.

For more information and application procedures, students should contact the nearest Veterans Affairs Office located in each county courthouse or write to the:

Alabama GI Dependents' Scholarship Program

P.O. Box 1509
Montgomery, AL 36102-1509

For further assistance with this program at Bevill State Community College, once benefits have been approved, contact your campus VA Certifying Official.

Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program (ANGEAP)

The State of Alabama established the Alabama National Guard Educational Assistance Program to provide financial assistance to active Alabama National Guard Members who are enrolled in degree programs at accredited post-secondary institutions. Students may be awarded funds to defray direct educational-related expenses: tuition, mandatory fees, books, and supplies, not to exceed $500 per term and not more than $1,000 annually.

Contact your campus VA Certifying Official for assistance.

Veteran Assistance