Paper applications will no longer be accepted after April 1, 2022.
Bevill State Community College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of the Alabama Community College System, it's Board of Trustees, including postsecondary institutions under its control, that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color, handicap, gender, religion, creed, national origin, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any program, activity or employment.
Bevill State Community College will make reasonable accommodations for qualified disabled applicants or employees. The College complies with non-discrimination regulations under Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, under Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and under Sections 503 and 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973.
Bevill State Community College is currently accepting applications for the full-time and part-time positions listed below.
Application Requirements for Employment
In order to ensure full consideration of your credentials for positions of interest, please follow the guidelines below when completing an application for employment:
- Your application MUST be completed in its entirety in order to be given full consideration. This includes all degrees awarded, institutions attended, work history, and credentials. “See Resume” will not be accepted in lieu of application completion.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified. Please complete each item thoroughly. Resumes are a required attachment, but not a substitute for the completion of the application. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure all required information and documents are provided.
- List each employer and/or position held separately. Be sure to include your duties for each position when you worked for one employer and held more than one position.
- As you describe your work history, make sure you highlight your competencies (knowledge, skills, abilities, and work behaviors) which demonstrate your qualifications for the position for which you are applying.
- Once the application has been submitted to a particular posting, NO additional changes to the application can be made. Please be absolutely sure everything is completed and attached before final submission. After twenty-four hours you may submit a revised application. The most recent complete application will be advanced to the hiring agent.
References, including names, contact information, and relationship, are required at the time of application. You must include professional references only; preferably past or current supervisors.
Unofficial transcripts from institutions granting credit relevant to the requirements of the position MUST be electronically attached to your application to be considered for interview. Applications submitted with transcripts that do not list a conferred degree awarded will not be considered.
Documentation of required educational requirements stated in the vacancy notice must be electronically attached to your application to be considered for an interview.
- Unofficial transcripts may include photocopies of official transcripts or transcripts stamped “Issued to Student.”
- Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. IMPORTANT! Transcripts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, student’s name, and degree conferral date (if applicable).
- If you have not attended college, you must submit high school diploma or GED certificate showing that you have graduated.
- After you have been hired, you must request official transcripts or international degree evaluations (see below), pay any fees required by the issuing institution(s), and have them mailed directly from the issuing institution to Bevill State's Human Resources Office. Electronic transcripts are accepted only when submitted directly to Human Resources at Employment@BSCC.edu.
- You have 30 days from your hire date to make official transcripts or degree evaluations available to Human Resources.
- To qualify as official, transcripts should be issued directly from the institution to Bevill State Community College Human Resources Office authorized representative. Transcripts may not read “Issued to Student”.
NOTE: Copies of college diplomas or other grade reports will not be accepted as unofficial transcripts. IMPORTANT! Transcripts from a college website may be accepted if they clearly indicate the name of the institution, student’s name, and degree conferral date (if applicable).
All Positions: Official transcripts for all coursework and degrees from all institutions granting credit regardless of whether or not that institution conferred the degree will be required within 30 days after hire.